We Appreciate These Cat and Dog Buddies
Everyone knows that saying "getting along like cats and dogs" isn't exactly a relationship endorsement, and every pet parent with both species in the house knows the reputation is often earned. But these loving pooches and kitties are anything but frenemies — in fact, they're best friends.
In honor of Pet Appreciation Week, we salute these furry friendships, for both their adorableness and for making their families' lives easier. Here are 13 pairs of cats and dogs getting along harmoniously with super sweet results.
1. This Siamese seems to think her canine companion is the cat's meow.
2. These two cuties are catching some z's together, and the sweet canine doesn't seem to mind his feline companion hogging the blanket.
3. Everyone should get along as well as these sleeping beauties.
4. A perfect example of superb canine and feline relations.
5. This little kitten knows dogs are the best ever, especially for snuggles.
6. Doggie kisses are awesome, even for kitties.
7. There's nothing like a good cuddle with your human and feline companion if you're a pooch.
8. This little piggy went to the market...
9. The best spot for a nap is nose-to-nose with your feline companion if you're this sweet pooch.
10. Man's best friend? This little puppy is thinking a cat might be an even better buddy.
<Inline Image 10>
11. This pooch doesn't need a pillow. He has his best feline friend around to cuddle with.
12. Hey, one of these things just doesn't belong here — or does he? This little pooch knows cats make the best snuggle buddies.
13. Give me five! A little high-five action between canine and feline friends.
Do you have canine and feline residents who are best buds? Let us know about them below!
Photo Credit #3: "Dogs and Cats Sleeping Together.....Mass Hysteria!" by Pete Markham via Flickr. License info.
Explore more articles
Ask the Expert: Do Dogs Get Depressed in Winter?
What to Ask Your Vet Before a Dental Cleaning
Want to know what to ask your vet prior to a dental cleaning? Here our expert lets us know!