DIY Craft: A Tiny Hat
What You'll Need
- Pencil (or pen)
- Glue stick
- Glue gun or liquid glue
- X-Acto Knife
- Bone Folder (not necessary but useful)
- Start by making a cylinder. Adjust the width and height to your preference, but a marching band hat should be fairly tall. Glue a thin band around the top and bottom.
- To form the top of your hat, glue the cylinder down to a piece of paper the same colour as your bands.
- Once dry, trim the excess paper. Next, flip the hat over and glue it onto a piece of paper. This can be whatever colour you choose.
- Once dry, trim the excess, leaving a half a circle in front for the hat’s brim.
Finishing Touch: Add a feather and a fancy emblem to the front and you're ready to start your own marching band!
* For more cat hat how-to’s (think the essential Princess Cone, classic Party Hat, Sherlock Cap, Tam-0-Shanter, and so much more), check out Adam Ellis’ awesome book, Tiny Hats on Cats—because every cat deserves to feel fancy!
Not so crafty? Your cat can still wear a hat! Check out Etsy seller To Scarborough Fair for an amazing selection of adorable hats for cats.
This article was written by Make your cat a marching band hat with this how-to By Adam Ellis from Modern Cat and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.
Explore more articles
Ask the Expert: Do Dogs Get Depressed in Winter?
What to Ask Your Vet Before a Dental Cleaning
Want to know what to ask your vet prior to a dental cleaning? Here our expert lets us know!