DIY a Paw Stocking Stuffed with Pup-Peroni®
When you're hanging your stockings by the chimney with care, don't forget your furriest family member. If your dog's been on the nice list this year (and are any dogs reallynaughty?), they deserve a pawful of Pup-Peroni® Triple Meat Lovers Flavor dog snacks—and this fun, family-friendly DIY craft is the perfect way to package them. Here's how to assemble this adorable doggie stocking and stuff it full of contagious joy—and Pup-Peroni® snacks.
What you'll need:
- Two sheets of 8.5" x 11" paper
- Stocking felt at least 26" long and 11" wide
- Paw pad felt in a contrasting color at least 7" long and 9" wide
- Yarn and a large, kid-safe plastic needle—or a glue gun
- Fabric or craft glue
- Glitter glue
- Make an outline of a dog paw on two sheets of paper taped together side-by-side, and cut it out. This as your paw pattern. To be sure it's big enough for your Pup-Peroni® treats, make it about 13 inches long, at least 9 inches wide at the "leg" end, and at least 10.5 inches wide at the "toes" end.
2. Fold the stocking felt in half. Use chalk to outline the shape the paw stocking around the pattern on the top half of the felt. Kids can help with this fun, easy step. Adults or older kids can then cut out the paw shape from the two layers of felt to create two paws. Brush away the chalk lines with a slightly damp cloth.
3. Using contrasting yarn and a kid-safe, plastic needle, sew around the edges of the paw. Or, have an adult simply glue the two pieces of fabric together using a glue gun.
4. On your original paper pattern, draw paw pads. Cut out the shapes and use them as your pattern. Trace pads with chalk on paw pad felt. Cut out the shapes from the fabric. Wipe away the chalk with a slightly damp cloth. Attach the toes and paw pad to the stocking with fabric or craft glue.
5. Glue a rectangle of paw pad felt to the top of the stocking, folding it around the entire top portion. Use glitter glue to write your pooch's name along the flap for a personalized touch.
6. Attach both ends of a string of yarn to the top corners of the stocking with your plastic needle or glue gun. Feel free to embellish your stocking with more glitter glue—or whatever other flashy embellishments you like—for a touch of pizzazz. Be creative and let your kids have fun with this to make your pup's stocking unique.
7. Stuff the paw stocking full of any flavor of Pup-Peroni® dog snacks.
This gift will fill your dog with contagious joy all season long. If you just can't wait for the big day, you might have to refill this fun paw stocking again and again. Your dog will ho-ho-howl with holiday happiness.
How do you gift goodies to your dog during the holidays? Tell us about your favorite pup present in the comments below!
Explore more articles
7 Things That Can Stress Out Your Pet
Keeping the Muddy Paws off of Your Floor
With a little planning, your home can remain clean(ish) even on rainy spring days.